Saw #mastomonday floating around so figured I could (re)introduce myself!
I’m Zaf. I grew up in a not cool area of NYC.
I like to draw, mostly animals of some kind. Some other hobbies are gaming and reading, though mostly kiddy stuff.
My interests include science (bio especially) and linguistics. So I also like learning languages as a hobby.
I’m also pretty interested in computers. I’m not too knowledgeable besides the basics but I’m working on learning how to code more than 90’s level HTML.
As part of #mastomonday I will once again ask:
would anyone know of a minor friendly furry instance?
On the surface, it's about cute bees living in a zany world. At a slightly deeper level, it's about the delicate and deliberate effort needed to manage/maintain population diversity in a generational community.
If you check it out, I hope you find it interesting ❤️
Well, it'd be weird not to do a #mastomonday post, since this place has been part of and inspired just an incredible amount of creative work from me over the past year and change. The Fediverse has been part of what's probably the most creative time in my life so far. Since August 2018, I've made:
- Fluency, a programming language (https://github.com/Kansattica/Fluency)
- msync, a Mastodon client for unreliable and slow network connections (https://github.com/Kansattica/msync). I'm using it to make this post!
- A lot of writing, both erotic and not, mostly published at https://perfect.hypnovir.us, including:
- Kicking off queer villain pride and cape kink (https://social.illegalpornography.com/@BestGirlGrace/102290918869507417 and https://social.illegalpornography.com/@BestGirlGrace/102294339717796610)
- Creating the Office of Consensus Maintenance, an original secret government organization a la Men In Black/Gravity Falls/Look Around You/etc. (https://hypnovir.us/leaks/kearney.pdf)
- The ongoing worldbuilding around a certain living piece of information named Grace
- A whole bunch of real good smut, especially if you're into hypnosis and transformation and stuff.
- Just so many good, good friends <3
#mastomonday hi, i'm a gay catgirl witch who loves retro tech and video games, but not really doing anything so have some tips instead:
+ use content warnings for sensitive topics, and be descriptive enough with them so people know what's inside
+ describe your images
+ at least add an avatar and some info to your bio, age and pronouns are good
+ respect people's boundaries
+ don't boost all of your posts at once
a few weeks ago i encouraged members of the fediverse to offer suggestions of liquids that my eccentric coworker Pellets Guy would turn into caviar using molecular gastronomy.
for #MastoMonday i’m excited to share the first liquid we tried to turn into caviar bubbles — red bull!